Unlike the ‘Sweet Boys Association’, which trended in 2018, and was used to describe a prestigious league of well-mannered and ambitious gentlemen, SMAN is basically meant for men who are unwilling to spend money on not necessarily women alone, but anyone who seeks their financial help.
Since it began to trend online, many Nigerian men have shown their interest in the association, with many sharing their identity cards and others asking how they can become members.
‘Let me see what I can do’
Judging from their motto which reads: “Let Me See What I Can Do”, men belonging to the association will always give excuses whenever someone, especially a woman asked them for financial support.
Asides the association’s Motto, below are some excuses members are expected to give any female who demands for cash from them:
- “I wish you had told me earlier.”
- “I am expecting some money next week.”
- “Let me call you back.”
- “I will let you know”, or any other excuses to avoid billing.
How to join SMAN
To join the Association, you are expected to fill a form and must be able to take the association’s oath which reads:
“I…. ……….. SOLEMNLY SWEAR, TO UPHOLD THE DIGNITY OF THIS GREAT ASSOCIATION WITH DUE DILIGENCE. TO NEVER GIVE SHISHI BY ANY MEANS OF FINANCIAL EXPLOITATION TO THE OTHER GENDER. TO RESPECT AND UPHOLD THE CONSTITUTION OF THIS GREAT ASSOCIATION. SO HELP ME GOD.”
Membership form, Stingy Men Association Of Nigeria
Rules of the association
Members are also expected to abide by the following rules:
- No dates, no birthday showers, no baby showers.
- When she says, I miss you, I love you, reply a day later.
- If she ask you for money or urgent 2k, block her and delete her number.
- Don’t ever send her transport money or airtime, you are not her father.
- A stinger should fake a call to rush somewhere if she brings her friend during a date or shopping.
- Don’t offer to pick up your dates let her trek or take a bus.
Don Jazzy bounced on the trend
Nigerian singer and music producer, Don jazzy, shared his membership ID card on his Twitter handle.